There are subjects and items that many people do not like to discuss or bring up about chartering a boat. These items are usually delegated to the “small print” category, and although they are not the first items we talk about, they are items we must disclose and here are some of them.
The rest of the small print, like copies of contracts, is contained in various self explanatory tabs under this same heading.
- Deposit: US $ 500.00 is due at the time of booking. In addition, there is a $500 damage deposit.
- Final Payment: Due 5 days before the start of the charter, 100% of charter plus any additional requested extras, refundable damage deposit, and sales tax.
- End of charter Payment: Crew tip, which is normally between 15 and 20 percent, up to your discretion, but remember that is the majority of their income.
- Credit card payment: Payment by credit card will have an additional charge of 3.5%, which is almost our cost for the transaction.
- Excessive Cleaning: When the guests exceed the normal cleaning needs, an excessive cleaning fee at our cost will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- If you cancel up to 7 days before the charter date, full refund minus a 10% charge.
- If you cancel 6 to 0 days before the charter date, No refund at all.
- Exception: see cancellations.
- Cancellation by Weather. Full refund or we agree on a new date for the charter. The weather cancellation is at the discretion of the captain and can happen at the last minute some times.
- Cancellation by Do Charter Now for other reasons: Full refund.
- Medical or similar cancellation: Death in close family, major unpredicted medical issue is a full refund.
- Delays: The charter starts as scheduled, except as noted above. Any start change must be approved at least 24 hours in advance to ensure crews are available. If guests are late, the charter time is started as if the guests arrived on time. If the guests do not show up within one hour of the departure time, it will be considered as a late cancellation of the charter.